PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Who is buying Virgin shares?
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2011, 19:43
WannaBeBiggles

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Apache, I wouldn't put too much weight on it, that's just what VBA does! It's a typical case of a leaky boat.

If you want to know whether VBA are about to release good or bad news, just monitor the shares and watch for increases in volume and whether or not the shares are being bought up or sold down. (Happens with quite a few other stocks!)

Good way for some people to make a quick bit of coin. Run usually goes 2-3 days, so perfect for T+3 traders

It happens like clock work and ASIC don't really seem to care about these sort of dealings.

If you saw the volume go up and the price remain relatively constant then you might find there are some institutions or larger businesses making a play for it.
However, one could not rule out that the share price was being slightly manipulated down so some of the big boys could accumulate before the name change and some other big changes.

Note: I am only a novice trader and the above only represents my own opinion and does not represent financial advice. DYOR (Do Your Own Research)