PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Joining Qatar Airways (QR) - all you need to know about it (threads merged)
Old 11th May 2011, 18:14
Blacksteel7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
flapsfullretard

"Why wouldnt you want to do a CDA each and every time to your best ability and within the clearances given by ATC? If the company doesnt care, why dont you?"

"OK, ATC issues steps on the way down but there is no reason not to do CDAs within these step descents, its better on fuel and is the professional thing to do."

"A CDA can be tailored to be stable at whatever point one chooses if one knows the 3 times table!"
"The only reason that people give why not to do them is 'the company doesnt care about fuel'....IMHO I think that the main the reason is people cant do them because in the ME noone is taught and ATC do not expect them. In the ME we dont get to do them often, and people dont make themselves do them and so really cant do them!!"
"Heathrow, Gatwick and Europe causes fear and exposes poeples lack of knowledge of the CDA......Im sure it will change in time as we drag ourselves into the era of modern and professional aviation standards."

Really?