PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FATA Cakewalk
Thread: FATA Cakewalk
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2011, 17:29
drive73

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
We already have sent hundreds of thousands of jobs to India, I think a few hundred pilot jobs to keep your airlines growing at a quick pace is a win win for India.
Capapache you just don't get it. It will never be a level playing field, expats are paid more and given perks to attract them from their countries to yours. Most are highly experienced and allow your companies to grow faster, which means buying more airplanes and employing more 250 hour first officers. We must be paid more due to the fact we are temporary contractors. I dont enjoy the Indian cost of living, I must be paid a salary which attracts me to a contract. If you think it's an easy life being an expat go to a country which has worse living conditions, infrastructure and no job security have the local guy think you should be paid the same as he does even though his cost of living is 3x less than yours, throw in being away from your family and friends for ten months a year and tell me you think things should be equal. Most locals pay no dues as pilots, they attain 250 hours and are put in the right seat of a narrow or wide body, this is a very different path compared to most of the world. Your dues paying is dealing with the manutia the dgca gives you. Expats have paid their dues why should we pay your dues too. They have proven over thousands of actual hours they can safely due the job, giving a harder fata test isn't rewrite their career experience. Just keep your nose to the pavement and you will be a wide body captain by the time your 28. Cheers