PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air new zealand jobs
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2011, 17:05
Best foot forward

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When I worked for Air Nelson we had pilots from all over, a lot of Australians, an American, an Israili, etc. If they want 6 months NZ experience it shouldn't be too hard to get. Start by joining an Aeroclub, or get a job with one of the third level operators. If you want a job in aviation in NZ you have to be prepared to start at the bottom and work upwards. They don't have the rapid expansion that you have seen in Europe over the last decade, up to the crash, baring any start ups trying to prise their way in to an oversubscribed and limited market. The NZ population is probably less than many of the major cities in europe.

They have fairly extensive discrimination laws in NZ and if you have the right to live and work in NZ then you should get an equal oportunity along with any others. Talk to NZALPA, or join if you are seeking employment in NZ

I would doubt that Air NZ would have the need to employ any direct entry 777 trainers, they have been flying the 777 for a good many years. As far as being an FO and training the Captains there, I would bet the house that all the Air NZ captains on the 777 would have very extensive experience on type and on the 767/747 as well. A friend of mine who joined Air NZ over 20 years ago was still in the right hand seat on the 777. Its not an airline that you can join and expect to get a fast track command.