PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar to start recruiting
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2011, 15:52
eocvictim

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I know there are more than a few guys still bitter over the inception of Jetstar and the introduction of LCC to Australia but thumbing your nose and saying "I told you so" wont give you impunity.

Ok anyone with more forethought than what's for diner could have foretold this situation; however here we are. This problem and the sound future of the aviation industry will not be resolved without unity. As said, unity throughout the ranks and the recognition of everyones choice for whom they work.

Remember not everyone likes the prospect of being an SO for 10 years, not everyone wants to fly Long haul, not everyone wants to fly pax, not everyone wants to fly ILS to ILS, not everyone wants to have to overnight and not everyone wants to fly a jet (what a crazy prospect, musta been a QF reject!)

The attitude of the aviation industry towards those who choose not fly for an airline is akin to ousting a rural doctor for not becoming a neurosurgeon. It's that attitude that keeps the rest of us from backing you through crisis. Unfortunately we're all in it together from C&T on a 380 to a CPL in a 210, those who stand strong by their laurels and those that will step over their own mother to get that next gig.

I sound like a ******* preacher.