PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2011, 15:17
Centrosphere

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
slats11,

discussions about shark bites are devoid of significance and potentially distressing to "interested parties."
They´re not so "devoid of significance" because this can be of interest in assessing the amount of damage inflicted to the bodies that were recovered floating, and to evaluate how useful they could be in the investigation concerning what happened to the plane.

Of course, if everything else fails (the black boxes refuse to throw out their secrets, etc), every bit of evidence will be useful. In this case any alternative should be persecuted, like try to recover the bodies at the bottom, or filming it in HD 3D, or something else.

Sadly, I´m used enough to internet foruns to know that at this height anything I write here under the name "Centrosphere" will be imediately answered with hostility by some people, since it seems I inadvertently made some enemies here. But consider this:

Even the posts concerning the nuts and bolts of dynamic loss of control, digital signal processing, the physics of undersea currents, the forensics of the recovered bodies, will, in the end of day, be "potentially distressing to "interested parties"" _ may them be the relatives of the pax, the relatives of the crew, the crew of L´Emmeraude, the CEO of Airbus and Air France, the brazilian coroners, etc. So I have no problem in define as "hypocritical" any tentative of censorship in this basis, and above all from the very person who once wrote:

Anyway, the point I am trying to make is that input from lots of different people with different areas of expertise gives the best chance of producing good answers in a situation like this. And that it seems a little unfortunate if some people assume that other people have nothing worthwhile to contribute.
All of this fits well with Mr. JD-EE remarks also, of course.

Regards,

CS

Last edited by Centrosphere; 11th May 2011 at 15:27. Reason: complementation