PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - EK Pay Review. Going Going GONE!
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2011, 13:24
BYMONEK

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Several years ago, there was mass hysteria as we heard stories and rumours abound that people would leave in droves. And guess what, here we go again. The sad thing is, it ain't going to happen. There will not be the shed loads of people leaving as rumoured. The reason for this is simple. The World is a pretty ****ty place to be right now. I have friends back 'home' who say life is bloody difficult and it's not just aviation that's suffering.

I'm certainly no happy clappy but I am one hell of a realist. I'll believe it when I see for my own eyes when the masses leave. Where will they all go to? How many Companies have massive cash reserves and a strategic plan that ensures good short term security and probably long term too? As pilots, we're even more bound by these benefits. That's why there's no need to offer a further step to those already on step 20. (or whatever the step is now because they're too paraniod to tell us).

Pixy

Perhaps you should engage brain before posting in such a condescending tone. May I remind you of line one in your post;

'Whatever we get we lost it in the last year through currency devaluation'

So, my reply was based on that. We received a profit share bonus of 12 weeks. That equates to 23% of our salary. The currency would have had to have devalued by 23% or more to have lost the benefit of the bonus. And as for your claim of having given specific figures, excuse me for not paying attention, but where are these figures?

The usual 'EKmedia' brigade gets tiresome after a while. Change the record.

Last edited by BYMONEK; 11th May 2011 at 13:45.