PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2011, 13:00
HazelNuts39

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Chris;

If I may venture into some speculation, my impression reading this report is that an AIRPROX report normally lands on the desk of an investigator with ATC background. He gets some help from Airbus to explain the response of the airplane, quote: "the corrected or phase-advanced angle of attack (a computed parameter which is not recorded but can be calculated by Airbus Industry from the DFDR data)". So I suggest what you are reading here has been faithfully noted 'straight from the horses mouth'.

I am slightly disappointed by Appendix B. The timescale is unreadable and, while the story is about Mach and AoA, there is no trace of either. There is a trace of a 'MMO Exced.' discrete, and I suspect the DFDR also contains discretes for alpha-prot and High Speed protection, which are not shown.

If you compare the 'Pitch' trace and 'MMO Exced.', the High Speed protection may have been triggered briefly, but the pitch trace really takes off after the Mmo exceedances at 14:21:50 hrs, ten seconds after AP disengage.

Regards,
HN39