PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Friendliest Airfield - I dont think so!
Old 11th May 2011, 11:35
Pudnucker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This is one of the most un-objective and un-balanced threads I've ever read!

For what its worth, I'm up there regularly. I respect those (as I do) who run small businesses in tough economic times. The staff are definately the nicest and certainly the best looking in the industry. OK I think they made a mistake this time but we all do make them. Sounds like this whole thing is blown out of all proportion.

I've had my business talked about on a yachting forum (I do stuff for the marine business amongst others) and forums can be a very one sided place. One customer publicly slandered me within 5 minutes of sending his first email to me when the piece of kit he bought didnt work (AND it was his fault!). I quickly rectified the issue and still no apology. What's more he'd bought it 2nd hand on ebay so wasnt entitled to anything.. You have to take what you read online with a pinch of salt...

With regards to the runway at CA, like many other fields that have their idiosyncracies, the landings can be tricky due to the ski jump and rotor in southerly winds - but it keeps my skills sharp..! CA should definately be in everyones log books.