PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2011, 11:11
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Hazelnuts39
Maybe you need to read the Airprox report more thoroughly. The report says quite clearly that pitch-up was not due to the overspeed condition, but was caused by the "projected" AoA reaching alpha-prot, thereby activating the High Angle of Attack protection.
Oh! If you are right, maybe I should stop doing too many things at the same time! (and I can't even find the point I answered you in my previous post).
:-)
Olivier
[edit:
OK, I have read it more carefully and found what part confused me:
Suddenly the aircraft began to climb, the Master Warning sounded and the autopilot self-disengaged as the aircraft exceeded the speed limit of 0.86 Mach.
And then, looking at the FDR graphic, it is not that obvious (at this scale) that there was a small delay between this pitch up and the overspeed. Nonetheless, you was right about this AoA law which should not have been active in manual control. Speed, supposed to be Mach 0.82 (while turbulences were expected) seems nonetheless very high and very close to Mach 0.86 during all the sequence, don't you think? Anyway, I agree that something was very wrong about the triggering of those delayed actions/warnings. Neither do I see it "deep stalling" anywhere at FL372, 205 KIAS and 15° nose up, at whatever cg settings]

Last edited by takata; 11th May 2011 at 12:42.