PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2011, 09:59
Betty girl

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Angel

Yes, I agree but is important that they slow down the recruitment of new entrants if they are having problems with reducing our community.

I am sitting at home having been non op'd ( not operationally required ) and I should be working today. It is a waste of current crew and will just add to the feelings of worry many already have about this new fleet.
I have got 5 unfilled work days on my roster this month and many other Pursers and CSDs have up to eight. On WW there are many with weeks of 24 hour availability on their rosters too.

We are at our busiest period of the schedual and it would normally be unheard of to have crew not used at this time of year and 120 new crew are joining each month on M/F.
I do understand what you are saying and I hope it does settle down but it really important that BA keeps the faith of thoes that were loyal to them and leaving us sitting at home with no work when we rely on our work to trigger allowances is not good. It was also happening on M/F too, although I think it has improved for them this month due to gaining the Amsterdam and Manchester routes.

I am just saying that it would be silly of them to get the numbers wrong for a long period because it is scaring many, including myself, and it could be got right so easily by only growing M/F as the current fleets shrink by whatever means part time, VR, etc etc.