PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2011, 09:49
takata

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Machinbird
If this can happen in an A320, why cannot the same thing occur in the A330?
I had a quick look at this report for refreshing my memory but this quote was a shortcut in the report. It looks like ADR3 was already rejected due to AoA wrong data (in fact good) by ADR1 & ADR2 vote (both being false due to blocked AoA probes). Then, at this point, they had only two ADRs left in opposite sides of the fuselage; hence when they started to vary due to abnormal attitude, none could be retained and the flight envelope protection was kicked off.
Consequently, this ADRs rejection was primary the result of the two probes already blocked, not this unusual attitude direct consequence (as you'll have two probes in the same side which should not be affected by disymetrical flight).
Originally Posted by Machinbird
As soon as the 3 ADRs are rejected, the RTL will be left at last value. This could likely occur in just a few seconds after the beginning of loss of control. Note: no freezing of pitot tubes is required to generate this situation!
Two ADRs rejected => ALT2. But yes, I can see what you mean now. Then, by what would have been caused this loss of control still in Normal Law? A rogue C-3PO being nasty?
I thought it was first due to (a false) overspeed (two blocked pitots) triggering an irrelevant flight envelope protection and a never ending pull up, reaching some 90°+ AoA, and killing all the speed in few seconds around FL600?

S~
Olivier