PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar to start recruiting
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2011, 08:12
'holic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fair point, SN, I am in the union for myself, as we all are to a certain extent. But at the same time, I also want to see a good result for other union members. I want to see the company treat all employees in a fair manner, and not make me feel like the whole EBA negotiation process is being dragged along by a piece of rope tied to my balls.

For example, it makes no difference to me if I'm undercut by Australian J* pilots flying 330s based in Australia, or contract pilots flying 330s based in SIN. But I'm happy to see union resources spent securing those jobs for J* pilots because they are already in the group.

I accept that sometimes decisions get made which will have an adverse effect on me, but which are for the greater good. All I've seen from some blokes on this forum who've been in the union for 10 minutes is a lot of demanding and pontificating, when a lot of what they're demanding isn't achievable or legal. And 9 times out of 10 they haven't even bothered to pick up the phone and call AIPA to get first hand info.

In fact it was the very first who were in this "just for themselves" that forgot about those starting from "X date forward" that started this very process and we all know who they are.
Sorry, I don't. Care to expand on that.