PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - PPL and a type rating
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2011, 03:27
JustJoinedToSearch

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This is one of those situations where peoples expectations overshadow what the actual rules say (ie, PPL is private so can't be paid, or PPL can't fly multi-crew cause thats a thing only CPL+s should do).

Ignoring practical factors (insurance cost etc) to legally fly an A380 with 800 (whatever the high density LCC config can take) passengers on board this is what you need.

Flying PIC of a day only VFR flight where you pay all associated costs and the passangers don't pay anything.

A PPL, a current flight review, a current Class 2 medical, an A380-800 type endorsement (unless A380 is a class?) which will automatically give you pressurisation and retractable undercarrige (if you don't already have them) design feature endorsements and 3 take offs+landings in the past 90 days.

You will obviously need a co-pilot who can also be a PPL with a Co-pilot A380-800 endorsement.

By the way, as far as I can see, you can get a boeing 377 and fly as PIC with a FO, navigator and radio operator if you want.

*This is based on what I can find in the CAR/CAO etc. If there is something in some other place which makes this impossible please correct me.