PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air new zealand jobs
View Single Post
Old 11th May 2011, 01:51
springbokflyer145

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kiwi's around the world

Thanks for some of those comments and true as well.

I have flown extensively throughout Europe and you always hear Nz guys on the radio. This is too true within the UAE as well. Emirates to be exact. If Emirates opened a base in Auckland, half of Dubai would leave!!! jokes but prob right. Loads of ex pats. Kiwi's are allowed to take jobs anywhere in the world but dont try take theirs in NZ. No chance. I had an argument with the recruiter from Eagle Airways regarding NZ experience. this was my result she did not want to know.

As for Air NZ, I have a friend who is very senior in Emirates and a training captain on the 777. He made some enquiries with Air NZ and possible positions and was told that his experience is irrelevant and will be an FO for many years to come. He told them to and stop all their . So like BA, once you in you will have to wait years and years for any upgrade to command etc. Like my friend at Emirates said, screw that as he would go from being a senior training captain in Emirates to a career FO probably training his captain and for a huge salary drop.

I wish some recruiters from within NZ could comment.

Last edited by springbokflyer145; 11th May 2011 at 02:24.