PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar to start recruiting
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2011, 22:31
metrosmoker

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The line in the sand has been drawn!
Actaully I think this is the fourth or fifth line in the sand that has been drawn by JQ pilots.
Did the tide wash away the last one away, or did we just step back and draw a new one because the other line`s in the sand was.......what? I don`t know.
Emplored to join a union late last year, which I did. For what? I am still waiting for AIPA to take action over the Singapore A330 deal.
Yet I am continaully assured that the union`s are not taking this lying down. Yet nothing gets done.
The compnay couldn`t even publish a seniority list on time. But that was not worth the time or effort of the JPC or the union to fight. So now the company has a precedence set where, "well the boys didn`t care about that issue, so we assumed they wouldn`t care about this issue".
If the compnay is not following the letter of the EBA, it should be an issued raised everytime, no matter how small or insignificant. Not just when AIPA or the JPC deem it in thier best interest.
Cadets are not on the EBA, AIPA were looking after them when sh1t first hit the fan. So why were they allowed to work on anything but the EBA. If they couldn`t be accomodated on the EBA, then they don`t work for Jet*. Full stop end of story.
AIPA have got to work out who they are fighting for. And Qantas pilots better wake and realise that what happens at Jet* will have repercussions for themselves. I keep hearing how this is a Jet* problem and JQ pilots must fight this. This could not be more a Qantas problem.

Point of all this. Talk is cheap. Action must be taken. There is not much sand left on the beach. Time for the union`s to come out with thier grand plan of attack. Or have what I have suspected all along is true, there is nothing we can do about it and are just wasting our time. There is plenty of sand in the middle east. We can all go there and draw lines in the sand till the sun sets on our careers.