PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - JAA ATPL (A) Modular Course - Distance Learning
Old 10th May 2011, 16:38
LAI

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi DA42

I will try and answer your questions as best I can:

1. Yes I have...

2. Yes I have...

3. From the groundschool perspective, I found the course excellent.

I have to say that at times, some of the "support" while on the distance learning phase wasn't as good as I would have hoped, but over the last 12 months or so they seem to have done a lot of work in this area.

When it comes to the two-week brush up courses, I think they are worth the total cost of the course alone. The instructors are all excellent teachers, in my opinion, and highly experienced.

4. As far as the groundschool goes, I would have no hesitation in recommending them to anyone (though of course other schools such as Bristol are also very good from what I hear). They got me through all mine with first time passes at over 90%

With regards to the flying, I am personally not doing it with Oxford, but as with all these things it is a very personal decision and I would always recommend going and visiting several schools in person before you decide on that side of things (other people's opinions are only of so much use... )

5. As far as I know, you need to complete a MINIMUM of 15 hours and an IR test in order to convert. Beware though that this is only the CAA minimum requirement and it may take more. As others have already commented as well, I think you need to complete the flying training in the same country as that in which you did the groundschool exams (unless you manage to get approval from both national authorities before you start).

Hope you find this helpful

Rich

p.s. I just noticed the date...so I'm only about a year out! I wonder how you are getting on with things now...?

Last edited by LAI; 10th May 2011 at 17:06. Reason: B*gger! Should have looked at the original date first!!