PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIBYA (Merged) Use this thread ONLY
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2011, 16:30
Lonewolf_50

Received 417 Likes on 260 Posts
I have my laundry done at the Hyatt, thank you.
May the starch never chaffe.
And, as such, they're unworthy of a response.
Yet you offered a silly one. OK.

You might go back and read the "what if's" as you will see that my questions were directly related to what is happening. Givenhow things have played out to date, each course of action lies within the realm of the probable, as well as the possible. If the "let 'em play" policy had been adopted, quite possibly a sound policy, see German response, then there'd be a complaint that "something isn't being done about that Mad Colonel!"

There's no pleasing everyone.
Live with what's happening, which is that the West is looking increasingly impotent and silly in Libya.
Indeed, silly, though hardly impotent.
Problem is, too many of "the West" involved in the op aren't willing to admit that what they really intend to do is take the Mad Colonel out ... but have for reasons as silly as your response hypothetical, chosen to use bizarre rhetorical fig leaves, up there on the East River, to justify doing that without doing that. I suspect that the Ministry of Silly Walks lies adjacent to the Ministry of Silly Political Rhetoric, and wonder if that sketch wasn't meant as a metaphor ...
Go home. Try to control your meddling tendencies and occupy yourselves with your own problems. God knows you have enough to keep you busy for a while.
You talkin' to me? Funny, I don't recall having been the decision maker calling in the great French cum NATO cum Western Libyan Liberation Mission ... you seem to have mistaken me for somebody else.
C'mon, Lonewolf, admit it. You need a hug.
C'mon, jane dear, admit it, you need a clue.