PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - And the EK Profit Share is... and Emirates Profits Merged
Old 10th May 2011, 15:50
pool

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
12 weeks, well .....

I always thought this was a profit share, as advertised earlier by the company and the arithmetics provided.

Now I have to read on the portal that it is suddenly a bonus!!

So it all starts to make sense. As they do not apply the promised arithmetics for a share of the profit (it should have provided closer to 20 weeks), they change from the latter to a bonus, which can be simply determined by them to their liking. No profit share no more, only bonuses.
EK does no longer share, but rewards with arbitrary bonuses.
Not bad, but .... not what was promised. Anyone surprised?

Remember when Dubai was thriving and generating profits like crazy, just as much as inflation? Yeaaaahhhhh ..... The goverrnment then gave all their employees a 70% raise, for locals, for expats only 20, the local pilots got their 5 to 7000 AED contribution to the rising costs, the expat pilots zilch (This in itself qualifies easily for blatant racism).

When asked why we didn't get a raise, the company simply replied that we were a private entity, nothing to do with the government, only owned by them. Not one word about special treatment for locals who by the way do not even pay for water and electricity, no cap .... basic needs, which again qualifies for racial advantage ....

Now that they screwed up badly, we suddenly very much are a government company and therefore entitled to help them out of their self imposed cr@p. What an honor!!

Don't get me wrong.
The 12 weeks are highly appreciated.
Not so the circumstances.