PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Asia Advanced Cadet Program
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2011, 13:28
Skybound79

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For the guys who have been invited for an assessment with OAA for the Jetstar Asia Ab-Initio Pilot Training, just a word of caution that some parties may just be purely interested in making some quick $$$$ out of this recruitment and not to be too quick to get all starry-eyed over this recruitment invitation. As we all know candidates 'selected' for the interview have to pay $400 SGD first before the assessment slot is confirmed. I applied for the ACP as I have a CPL/IR with a couple of hundreds of flying hours, and jet time as well. But guess what, I got an email reply asking me to fill up a form which turned out to be the standard Ab-Initio Application Form. I filled up the form anyway and submitted it to them, asking for clarification as to why I was required to fill up an Ab-Initio Form when I was applying for ACP. But no reply and explanation was given, till subsequently I got an email invite for guess what? The assessment for Ab-Initio position scheduled in June, with all the detailed instructions for making the $400 payment. Again I emailed them asking to clarify what was going on, and sadly still no reply to date. This whole thing just disgusts me, the fact that pilots like us have gotten to such a sorry state these days that even FTOs have no qualms about exploiting the whole situation for some quick bucks. First it was pay for your training/type-rating in order to secure employment, now it's pay to be trained as well as pay to be interviewed/assessed. God knows in future it's gonna be pay $$$ in order to even submit an application for a flying job...