PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BE-76 aka duchess not recognised by Indian DGCA anymore
Old 10th May 2011, 12:14
teja.aluri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
What would be the fate of the candidates who has already flown on it and in the process of Conversion?

http://dgca.nic.in/AD/Accepted_AC.pdf
Well this doesn't even contain C-152 & C-172 nav II. I am anticipating that this list is generated as an update to the previously existing aircraft list that are registered in India.

looking at this LICENSING RULES AND REGULATIONS and the 4th point which highlights that Note: The tests shall be on the type of aircraft which are also available and registered in India and the test shall be on performa as
laid down in India duly authenticated by the Instructor/ designated
representative of State Regulatory Authority
i think DGCA argument to deny a students application on the basis of "available and registered in India" could be fair but just because one and only Bihar be-76 got grounded couldn't conclude that a student couldn't apply his/her CPL because Be-76 doesn't fly any more in India. because it is still airworthy in most countries.

I am little curious what should we do to get out of this situation. and i am worried why isn't there any official note released on DGCA website clarifying this issue?

Last edited by teja.aluri; 10th May 2011 at 12:56.