PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Cathay Pacific Cadet Pilot Programme
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2011, 12:02
Em773ER

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Burger81. Advanced Entry Programme – a 30-week programme for applicants who possess an ICAO CPL and have in excess of 250 hours flight time in specified categories.

views?.. well someone who has been able to self fund to those qualifications should not sell their soul, rather try to find a job in GA or instructing (provided they can get instructor rating). This cadetship is really best suited for ab-initio kids. IHMO CX could really get the "number of desired applicants" they want if they were to offer the proper T&Cs for each course. E.g. ...: the ab-initio entry cadets only get the 10k/mnth housing (because cx paid for their training), advanced course entry cadets get 15/mnth housing (since cx didnt pay for their cpl), transition course entry cadets get 20k/mnth housing (since cx are only providing transition training). any thoughts on something like that happening?

and just a quick question:
or applicants with an ICAO ATPL or CPL with passes in all ATPL subjects and have in excess of 1500 hours total flight time.
can anyone explain to me how it is possible to have passes in all ATPL subjects and have 1500 but not have a full ATPL? correct me if i'm wrong but don't pilots get given their full ATPLs when they have the 1500 hours after completing their ATPL exams?... or is it just CASA that do this?

Cheers!