PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2011, 11:18
Ancient Observer

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts
and the SWP's conclusion about these negotiations is....

It is even more complicated than the above posts have inferred.

Once the new "deal" is available in the bassa/CC89 semi-public domain, the SWP in CC89 will again produce a public statement rejecting the deal, as they did last time. It was NOT the deal that was rejected last time - it was the shame felt by the lowly bassa branch sec that CC89 had rejected the deal before bassa had rejected the deal.

There was no meaningful discussion of the deal by folk in bassa - they just had to get their rejection in to the public domain to show that they had as many balls as the SWP in CC 89.

If I were a gambler, (which I'm not) I would predict exactly the same outcome this time. Whether it is this week or next week, CC89 will be briefed (say) tomorrow morning, they will reject the deal tomorrow afternoon, which gives bassa no time at all on Thursday to decide that they also have to reject the deal.

AND....by the way, Untie have already said that the last "deal" was the best that could be achieved by negotiation. TU officials have pride and standards and egos. (oh, well, egos, if not standards). The last thing that Untie want is any material improvement in the deal by BA.