PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air new zealand jobs
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2011, 10:23
springbokflyer145

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
New Zealand Experience

Well to try give you some insight of what you are going to be getting yourself into, I have been in New Zealand now for 2 years and have not set foot in a kiwi registered aircraft. I have an NZ ATPL, over 3500 hours in a commercial invironment, most of these hours are multi command, over 1000 hours command B200 and the rest on jet on the Embraer Legacy. I have been lucky enough to have flown throughout the world but am unable to secure a job here as I dont have NZ experience. They would rather hire an 800 hour pilot that has been a PPl instructor all his career.

I went for an interview with Pac Blue and told they thought I fit the mould and would be well suited for the company, but until I geyt 6 months NZ experience then there is no way to get employed.

It is obviously the kiwi's protecting the kiwi's here. I hope I am wrong but so far everyone I speak to agrees.

Maybe the air is different in NZ !!!!!!!!

Anyway 2 years and no flying job. Its hard to keep current as not a cheap exercise. I have tried everyone from Mt Cook, Air Nelson, Air NZ and Eagle Airways but with the same requirement......NZ experience.

Anyway i would be interested in the views of others who have tried or are trying and also from those kiwi's that are flying and their thought on this subject.

Good luck mate