PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 10th May 2011, 09:30
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Ah .. Helipix, you've done it again! When the rummaging through slides and negatives of others was silenced .. the Helipixman Collection triumphed with the delivery of evidence from times past bringing to life our ramblings of a bygone age in British rotary exploits. A well deserved Bravo; for you seem to have captured every one of Sopwith's rotorcraft!

The Brantly 305 G-ATSJ has of course popped-up previously on this thread but, these are great new shots and how wonderful it is to be able to link her with the subject of our latest discussions.

Wonderful too to see the AgustaBell 206A G-AVZG which Ferranti chartered from Tommy when their fleet were committed. One has to admire the VOR antenna arrangement beneath the cabs of so many 60's JetRangers - classic! I bet more than one came home bent!

Of G-BASE, what a unique shot along the Embankment. I am puzzled however by CSE's advertising of both Bell and AgustaBell products although the reality in the early 70's was that both CSE and Mann's ended-up with a number of each through various sales and part-exchanges.

G-GINA looks resplendent in her two-tone blue (not totally in love with the scheme but the colours are great). GINA, to the best of my knowledge, was the first Ecureuil to grace the shores of Blighty!

And finally, G-IIIIINA! Where is that pub .. the 'Sussex Pad' which overlooks an airfield?

Helipix, again, well done - thoroughly enjoyable.

Best

Sav

The Savoia
Medal of Appreciation

Awarded to Helipixman for his tireless efforts in bringing the Nostalgia Thread to life with the aid of his seemingly inexhaustible collection of superb rotary-wing images