PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - SHELL Carnet cards
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2011, 22:08
FRQ Charlie Bravo

Location: ˙ǝqɐq ǝɯ ʇ,uıɐ ʇɐɥʇ 'sɔıʇɐqoɹǝɐ ɹoɟ uʍop ǝpısdn ǝɯɐu ɹıǝɥʇ ʇnd ǝɯos
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
being uber-picky with fuel and I know it!

What follows is not a serious complaint, just an uber-picky note:

every credit card bowser i have used has asked for a pre approved amount first, this is whats held by the bank, not $1000.. as soon as the pump hit the pre approved amount, it stops.
A note for those trying to balance tanks (especially with no easy way of doing it in flight i.e. light piston twin pilots who don't want to cross-feed unnecessarily):

Keeping the numbers easy, say you land with 100 litres and want to depart with 300. Tanks are equal at 50 per side. You want to add 100 per side so you calculate that at $2.00 per litre you tell the carnet bowser to authorise $400. You fill the first tank to the exact amount then proceed to the second only to find that it cuts you off about $20 early. Doh! You now don't have equal tanks and you may not have enough if you'd planned for min fuel.

Solution, authorise an extra $20 over what you need and anticipate an early cut-off when finishing with the first tank.

Not a complaint, just a note of caution primarily for those who are picky like me about aiming for balanced L and R tanks and secondly for those who work with small margins (max payload, min fuel).

Ciao,

FRQ CB