PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - LIBYA (Merged) Use this thread ONLY
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2011, 19:50
Lonewolf_50

Received 416 Likes on 259 Posts
hanoijane:

We will disagree on the degree and or kind of similarity, and I'll let it go at that. I'm sure you'll be having your laundry done by Dau Tranh Enterprises in the meantime. By the way, I don't need your Google-fu to arrive at an informed opinion. Thanks for the offer.

Your charges of "inarticulate" are not supported by any evidence.

The unanswered questions remain:

1) If the Mad Colonel is not killed by "a strike on a Command and Control node" before the general intercession by the outsiders ends, which it eventually will, then what? (Or as Lenin might have asked, chto delat?)

2) If the Mad Colonel is struck by a weapon "intended to protect civilians," and rendered out of the game, then what?

Will the Arab League and the UN" (and anyone else for that matter) do something useful for the future of Libya, or will the Yugoslavia model of national "reorganization" along tribal and factional lines once again play out? I think it will, with yet another call to "do something" echoing in the halls on the East River, albeit this time as a call ignored.

3) If The Mad Colonel leaves town ... that's the one course of action that I see having no chance of unfolding.

If I were a Libyan rebel or dissident, I'd want to have some idea at how the first two questions are to be answered by those with power. This lovely (Brave New) globalized world doesn't seem to let much of anyone alone.

You can wish it were otherwise, but events seem to keep marching forward. There is no golden yesteryear to march back to.