PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fast Jet Circuits
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2011, 18:30
DITYIWAHP

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
‘crab’, so that the number of landings and the number of take offs are roughly equal (at least to the extent that the tax payer is happy) then circuit training will always take place. I guess from your ignorance on the matter that you’re not a pilot… but maybe you want to be? And it’s not just a fast jet thing. Rotary mates tend to put their steeds in plenty of tricky places with great skill, none of which they are born with and all of it has to be practiced regularly.

If you ever go to ‘Afghan’ then you won’t find any pretty or predictable 4-ship formations recovering to base there. However, if you need to put your 4 aircraft close together as one speaking unit (for the convenience of air traffic or because you are flying together in cloud) then some sort of close formation is a good and safe idea – and every opportunity you can practice it reduces the chance of something ‘unexpected’ happening.

By the way, the number of aircraft you put together just depends on what operational effect you want to have. Single aircraft tend to be more vulnerable without at least one buddy to keep watch while you’re heads-in.

So, you’re at Valley eh, looking at the frightened teenagers doing things that I couldn’t decipher from your vitriol and bad grammar? My guess is you’re in the spotter’s car park runway 19.

Edited to reduce the font size to reasonable.

Last edited by DITYIWAHP; 9th May 2011 at 22:13.