PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air Niugini News
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2011, 15:32
Thunderpants

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Guys,

Please excuse my ignorance as lately I have been living and working out of N America, and therefore have been out of the loop regarding SE Asia for the past 18 months or so. I got the call to attend an Interview and SIM eval for AN in Melbourne in a couple of weeks, somewhat of a suprise and 'out of the blue' I might add!

After doing a little resurch on this thead, and placeing a couple of other posts requesting infomation which drew 200 views yet no responses, I have to say that I am somewhat of a loss.

I flew in PNG a while back, and while it has to be said that the country is not without it's issues to say the least, the overall experience, for me anyway, was a positive one. Yet what I'm picking up here dosn't seem to be reflecting that at all.

Are the posters here just a bunch of Ex-Pat whiners? (I have travelled extensively thoughout the world, and unfortunately there seems to be no shortage of those); or are these really genuine concerns regarding poor managment and safety? (And again, unfortunately there are a number of operations I've come across in the past, that would simply not survive even the passing scruitny of the authorities anywhere near civilisation).

Is there anyone here whom would be able to provide 'first hand' infomation on the operation there. I am looking for infomation on lifestyle, accommodation, rotation, (ie. is it realisticly commutable), and of course, pay.

The good, the bad, the ugly, the, 'you gotta be outta your shaggin' mind' comments are all welcome; as any real infomation would be very much appreciated.

Please feel free to PM me if you would prefur,

Cheers,
TP