PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Did BACE 146 fly to wrong airport?
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2002, 13:49
AirBusSkipper

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question BACE 146 MAN to BRU lost????

Only just heard this from a very reliable source amongst the crews at MAN. A week or so ago a 146 doing the scheduled MAN/BRU pulled up on stand when a CC member in the rear called the purser and said "Why if we are supposed to be going to Brussells does it say SCHIPOL AIRPORT on the buildings outside."
Sure enough they were at Schipol. There had not been a word to the passengers or to the Cabin Crew inflight to prepare them for this. The pax were offloaded to wander around the terminal totally bemussed and to suffer a 4 hour coach trip to Brussels. Now this bit I find hard to believe but when the Flight Crew were asked why they had ended up in AMS and had not told the pax, they were told words to this effect, "We got lost and had to divert here. And we didn't know what to say to the passengers."

Any truth in all this! Sounds pretty far fetched I grant you but apparently reports have been written.
Sorry if I'm wrongly labelling the Flight Crew as BACE, but it was definitely a 146, whoever operates that. I've lost track and sad to say interest.

Last edited by AirBusSkipper; 26th Sep 2002 at 13:55.