PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jetstar Asia Recruitment process
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2011, 08:38
Touch'n'oops

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For Jetstar's T&Cs go to http://www.ppjn.com

No housing and the medical insurance is very basic. It is designed to cover treatment in government hospitals, but won't be able to cover something serious like cancer. My view, if my health takes a dive, I'm bolting back to my country.

Recently the chief pilot has instructed pilots that are on their days off and want to leave S'pore, must seek permission from Ops. They can ***** that idea! btw, if you work a day off, you get an extra $100 SGD... hahahaha... I think the same quote goes.
If you want the A330, you will actually be joining Jetstar "International", which will not pay you as well as Jetstar Asia. Jetstar knows that there are a lot of pilots that would fall over them selves for the A330, so why not exploit it. To be honest, I couldn't care about flying the A330 and all the hotel nights away from home. But hey, none of the guys going onto the 330 have a gun to their head!

However, despite the short falls in medical insurance, the silly business of having to ask permission to leave the country and the A330 contract, Jetstar has been a very good company to work for. I work hard, but the guys I fly with are a very friendly bunch and the training is very good... I would even to go as far as saying the training is better than my last company, which by the way is well know for it's impecable safety record.

Oh and I haven't had much contact, but a lot of the guys don't approve of the CEO. Apparently she is doing everything very last minute. e.g. Allowing new aircraft to arrive then worrying about crewing it and trying to save a few thousand over five years on soap, rather than trying to find new ways of saving fuel in a safe manner. My view, I would rather be left to save fuel where I see fit and not have a dangerous Ryanair situation!!!