PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - a320 conf1 exp climb
View Single Post
Old 9th May 2011, 07:44
Microburst2002

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
negative, not closed my friend

The managed speed/Mach target may be set below maneuvring speed but as long as the speed target is managed, the FMGS limits the aircraft to the maneovering speed of the current slats/flaps configurtion (VAPP, F, S, Green Dot)
this note states that there is a minimum (manoeuvering speed) below which speed will not go even if managed target is below that minimum (the case when approach phase is activated and you are still not in landing conf, VAPP being the magenta target)

There is other note that states the opposite: when managed target speed is above VMAX, the maximum speed will be VMAX (the case when you are accelerating to ECON climb speed and still in take off config).

The first case we see it every day. The second we never see it because we always clean before hitting VMAX.

I haven't tested this EXP CLB before being clean because I have to find a captain who will not feel uncomfortable doing it. The only test I have been able to make is in the Faros FMGS trainer, which is quite ****ty. With config 1+F after take off and engaging EXP, the magenta target goes to green dot, only you don't see the actual green dot because you still see the green S. The airplane accelerates to that magenta target.

What you guys are telling me is that if you engage EXP the airplane accelerates to S or F without overshooting it?