PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA Strike - Your Thoughts & Questions V
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2011, 21:41
Entaxei

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
BASSA/CC89 statement

I believe that there is a need for some clarification on the status/relationship of the above, versus each other and Unite.

The assumptions are being made that both BASSA and CC89 are branches, and that CC89 is a senior branch doing the negotiating - or possibly both are equal branches.

In the fairly recent past CC89 has created a list of their demands, which were greater than either Unite or BASSA and included items unique to them. CC89 are also seemingly SWP connected and driven, and appear to have a relatively small membership of approx 1,000. Why are they apparently negotiating with BA on behalf of Unite, BASSA and themselves, surely they have not been given this authority by Unite, after their past performance.

BASSA have never been in full agreement with CC89 on reasons for IA. In any event, they have in the past, ignoring CC89, declared strike dates without Unites agreement, and had Unite then agree that BASSA have the sole authority to agree and finish a dispute.

SO - what is the position, I would expect a notification being issued jointly by Unite (Mclusky) and BA, not two minor malfunctioning non-entities with a history of deliberately causing problems.

How can any trust be put in the declared statement other than to view it as a declaration of intended IA and dates - or am I being cynical?