PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Licence issue - frustrations
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2002, 09:40
FlyingForFun

Why do it if it's not fun?

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi,

I'm sorry this has happened - must be so frustrating. I hope you're still flying, though, even though you can't take pax yet.

The only piece of hope I can offer is that Royal Mail do take these things seriously. Several years ago, mail frequently used to go missing from the house I lived in as a student. We contacted RM, who sent us the standard "missing mail" form. The form wasn't quite appropriate - we knew of about a half a dozen items of missing mail, and we'd received duplicates of all of them so we weren't worried about finding the lost items, only finding out why they were going missing and preventing the problem from continuing. But we filled in the form to the best of our ability anyway.

A couple of weeks later, we received a reply. They'd investigated the issue thoroughly, including interviewing our regular postman. The postman informed them that our postbox only led into the porch, not into the hallway, and that our porch didn't lock. He thought that someone may have been removing mail from our porch, and suggested we had a letterbox installed inside the porch so our post could be delivered to our hallway.

We were sceptical, but passed this on to our landlord, who installed a new letter box as suggested. And, from that day, we never lost another letter.

So, rest assured that they will do everything they can to find your license. And in the mean time, make sure you stay current, do some cross-coutries to airfields you haven't been to before, and practice things like stalls, PFLs and steep turns. And once your license comes through (and you get over the endless wait for suitable weather!), both your and your first pax will enoy the experience even more!

FFF
--------------