PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Jobs - three threads merged.
View Single Post
Old 26th Sep 2002, 09:37
Wee Weasley Welshman

Received 206 Likes on 73 Posts
I know of no low houred non rated guys getting jobs since Sept 11th.

Recently though I know a few people who have been taken on. They were either, ex-sponsored by an airline which was now ready to take them on, or, had a little bit of experience like 2000hrs TT and 200 turbine.

BACE (aka Brit Regional) has hired, as have Airtours (ex-cadets), Astraeus (PPRuNe cadet scheme), Excel (took some ex-Lingus cadets with little time), Go has hired some low timers that were teed up prior to Sept 11th, easyJet (a couple of CTC courses), BA (their 140odd 'frozen' cadets running photocopier drills), and of course Britannia have offered sponsorship and there is talk they will need a dozen or so new guys this Autumn.

I note that Loganair are apparently cutting one Shed and thus have 8 surplus pilots to go according to the BALPA newsletter. Other than that it all looks like an improving picture.

I expect some low time guys with very shiny shoes will get some jobs in the Autumn hiring season this year.

Instructing jobs of them there are none.

I'd get myself off to the BALPA emloyment conference imminent if I were in your shoes. I was sat there in 1998/9 and it was a useful experience - even if it was a little uncomfortable being hunted by some of the speaking delegates!

Good luck,