PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Am I too old to start training for an airline career?
Old 2nd Mar 2001, 20:19
Hermie

Wink

Hi,

I'm 18 years old. And I thought I'm too old to start flying. Well because only 10 years later will I be given an opportunity to take up flying. Back here in SINGAPORE<it sux>, to join the Airline as a Cadet Pilot you have to be 28 years old. And I think thats freaking load of crab meat. Talking about, Age commensurates with experience. Such contradictory. Why does other Airlines take in young pilots ?

Is there any other way that I can start off. Besides I think SQ don't take pilots who have previous experience to start off as a F/O. WHAT CAN I DO ? Do other Airlines takes pilots with previous experience to start off as a F/O or S/O ? Do they still need 1500hrs too ? How long does it take to build up that amount of hours ? Is there really a shortage of pilots or going to be ?

Which flying school is cheap, Nah.. affordable !! ANd not too bad and not too far away from home cause the further I am away from home, I'm gonna spend more money !!

HELP me TOO ?

Thanx yer all !!

Cheers & God Bless,
Herman