PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Airline Pilot Jobs in Australia now and in the future
Old 8th May 2011, 11:28
jibba_jabba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
it is overrated.

Dont you mean if you love flying just do it because the financial rewards are not there until many years down the track! :-)

You have to balance lifestyle and work. its easy to say just do it, and that is correct while you are still 'chasing the dream' and trying to get into RPT of some sort.

But when you are there and you get shafted its a bit of a buzzkill. I love flying, thats why I have put up the the poo for so long. But even now I am finding myself wanting to vacate the career simply for the fact that the rewards of the "fun job" just are not there (I dare say its the airline I work for!). And by that I mean not only financially but also mentally.

Having a career that is spat on by middle management who get paid more than you is just plain boring to me now. But dont let my cynasyim put you off. I will still fly in one way or another even if I do leave the full time flying circus...... so that should say something to you