PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2011, 10:20
compton3bravo

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Champions League Finmal/Olympics 2012

Just a couple more observations: I hope the UK Border Agency are aware of around 40,000 extra ''Johnny Foreingers'' due at the end of May because if not there is going to be one hell of a queue at Stansted, Luton, Gatwick.
Personally I think if there is going to be any problems it will be wth the UK ground infrastrucure. Imagine if the M1, M11 and M25 have congestion etc, it is going to be horrendous for fans to get to Wembley. As for the Olympics the same but this time the railways and London Underground. I hear that Transport for London will not be running tube trains 24 hrs a day during the 2 week period not even a couple of lines! How many years have they had to plan for the Olympics!
Here in Southern Spain many people who visit this part of the country will knowc that there is a train which runs from Malaga to Fuengirola - single track most of the way. There has been an upgrade and much of the track is now double so more trains can run - over the Easter Week from Wednesday to Saturday they ran trains 24 hrs a day because of the many religious processions taking place.
Words like booze up and brewery come to mind for the management of TFL.