PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Offering helps for China expats!
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2011, 09:52
gingy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi MDT,

You raised a very good point, the authority actually prohibits all Columbian registered ACFTs flying into Chinese region, that is why there is no direct scheduled RPT flight operating between those two countries. Presumably, they believe all pilots fly a Columbian registered ACFT are Columbian national.

However, does it also confine to an expats flying in Columbia (eg an American national with FAA license)? Honestly I am not sure. I think thats where the flaw is, because it has not clearly stated out that if there is any exemptions in this situation.

Again, as I said before, everything is negotiable when you deal with Chinese people. You even have more bargaining powers than a Columbian pilot with an excellent safety record because of your nationality. Sounds not too fair, but thats how it works in China.

So if you really want to fly in China, think of the Chinese way. As long as its not totally fail, even a conditional fail will somehow turn out to be a pass if you know how to negotiate. I mean its true, look at it, the Chinese lose against American on the negotiating table most of the time.