PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Are there any books related to Flight school management?
Old 8th May 2011, 09:34
OverRun
Prof. Airport Engineer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My feel on your project is that you answer it by applying all the standard business school principles of running a small business, and adapting them intelligently (but not too much) to the flying school.

There will be some legislation requirements to meet (Chief Flying Instructor, etc), and your country's aviation department should detail those, and they should be included. I think a couple of interviews with the boss/owner at existing flying schools would give you a lot more detail, but I wouldn't do those too early. Rather get yourself well into the standard business school principles, and then do the interview to see what needs to be adapted.

I also found some software for running flight schools in my Google searches, and I would look at what that software does because those are things that you can build into your project (not the software - just the tasks).

And take a look at this post:
http://www.pprune.org/tech-log/34451...ml#post4427166

Good luck.

Last edited by OverRun; 8th May 2011 at 09:55. Reason: Added link to earlier post on dissertations