PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Applying for a new AOC
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2011, 08:06
aroa

Received 43 Likes on 28 Posts
But wait.... (and wait... and wait,) there's more..

Leaf Blower.... 2 months, nothing How about seven!

After a final ops inspection for a CHTR amendment to the AOC, the go ahead promise is within 48 hr on receipt of invoices to prove purchases of a new First Aid Kit and a Cargo Net .. duly sent.
Never heard from that SOB again, and when I contacted that office,... "away", "off sick", "not in today".. whatever.
I did follow thru to BNE and after a torrid call, one of many, I actually got an apology from someone who finalized the deal. (Newbie in the office, obviously)
But after all that time the business opportunity was L-O-N-G gone.

During that seven months the file had sat on two desks for 6 weeks while the
"staff persons" (#@!!&**%!!) had been on leave or whatever.
How on earth is any business in this country supposed to survive when the monopoly "provider" has such piss poor sevice? re paperwork. Again ... why no "cover note", so you can get on with the business of trying to stay in business, while THEY finalize their bloody paperwork!

I saw a recent article in Aust Flying titled, Australian needs aviation entepreneurs... Oh yeah.!

The sad thing is that the type of people that have a sinecure / secure job in a bureaucracy are NON enterprenuerial types themselves, otherwise they wouldnt be there, shuffling paper, pushing pens and BS.

So you dont know whether the inordinate delays are due to laziness, incompetance, dont want any more Chtr ops, but cant say so outright, or protecting a mate from futher competition, or they just diont give a rats ar$e. Problem bilong u.
And to the detriment of GA all round. That's why GA is in the state its in today.

We did put different types that we may operate in the Ops application, but were told you can only have what you've got.
I found out afterwards an ex CASA/chtr person had just about every aircraft known to man in his Ops manuaul... so HE woiuld never suffer any hold ups due paperwork.

But thats CASA for ya.. different strokes for different folks.
Inconsistencies abound.!!

And one of the gruesome details... when they asked for a flight test... and this is with a very experienced pilot, remember,.. he gets off work, hires an aircraft, puts the fuel in, lodges a flight plan... and the CASA bum never showed up.! Not once but TWICE. And not even the decency of a phone call.

So the Industry really does have to ask... just what is the agenda here, when these fools are playing with peoples' livelihoods and financial well-being.

For their amusement???