PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2011, 05:40
Machinbird

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I've been following this thread from day 1. I can't see why they neednto be bringing bodies etc back to the surface. They've got the recorders now, and surely they don't need anything else from down there?
I hope the body removal that has already occurred is only to determine whether or not it is really practical to retrieve the victims of this crash.
At ~1 body per day, it could take a really long time. So what condition are the recovered bodies in? If intact and recognizable, that is one thing.
If only suitable for a body bag, that is something else. I wonder if the Judicial branch is "now driving the ship". Body recovery is their area of responsibility.

There are still many things on the bottom that I would like to see retrieved if I were the BEA. The THS actuator, engines and engine computers, significant portions of the slats, as much of the control surfaces as possible,and the cockpit section including ADRs, AOA probes, Pitot probes, Static ports and Quick Access recorders, for example. What if the DFDR is not readable?? They had better cover all the bets. Old fashioned accident investigation can still tell a lot.