PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - STANSTED - 2
Thread: STANSTED - 2
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2011, 05:25
STN Ramp Rat

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The airlift, at a high level will be simple; it will however be very complicated on the day.
As soon as the FA won the rights to host the final a team from the Police, The FA, UEFA and the airport operators would have started working on two scenarios. One would have had a UK team in the final and the other with two foreign teams. UEFA take this circus somewhere every year and would have put their requirements on the table, everyone else would have largely fallen into line and where there were difficulties these would have been resolved by discussion. Having this event gives the authorities vital practice for managing the Olympics next year and it has to be seen to go well or the press and the IOC will be all over LOCOG and the government.

What does all this mean for the airports.... well it will have been decided long ago where the aircraft with the fans will go to, UEFA distribute the tickets through approved travel partners who go into the market and charter aircraft, The travel partners will dictate to the airlines where the flights should be to in accordance with what they are told by UEFA. It is much more difficult to control the flow of corporate jets other than by slot allocation.

I don’t know but I would suggest that the most obvious solution is corporate jets to LTN and commercial flights to Stansted. I have no inside knowledge on this but I am certain that there is a detailed plan and the only thing that is missing now is the operators, schedules, and aircraft types that allow an aircraft parking plan to be created.