PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - World Airways (USA) "Home Based"
View Single Post
Old 8th May 2011, 00:22
WorldDC10

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The payscale at Airline Pilot Central - World | Charter is accurate (ignore the DC10 - we have retired them now).

When I first started here a Captain told me that you could plan on taking your hourly rate and multiplying it by 1000 to get your annual total compensation. That has proved to be remarkably accurate for the last 4 years.

My per diem came to just under $10000 last year (calculated at $2.40 per hour away from your home). - so I guess I averaged about 14.5 days at work per month last year.

As to what you take home that depends on you - how much to your 401k (Roth available) etc. Take the gross numbers and run your own taxes on it.
For new hire planning you do get $1200 per month until qualified although you get full per diem ($57.60 tax free per day).

We are apparently hiring a total of around 60 (which is more than 10% of the current list) into both the MD11 and 744, and we badly need them all!

Hope this helps.

PS for the guy that asked about South America we do have at least one pilot living in Central America who commutes to a hub airport which is his "paper" home base.

We are also 2 years in to contract negotiations so hopefully a raise isn't too far away!