PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2011, 19:09
airbourne

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Getting slightly off topic folks, so I will bring it back to Aer Lingus and the position they found themselves in when they tried to make themselves low-cost. I too remember the days off 300 from Dublin to London, but more recently I remember that it was still possible to fly cheaply from Dublin to somewhere in Spain and not get screwed, blued and tattooed by the airlines.

Now you have to pay for bags, pay for this, pay for that. Ayroplain point out why people need to buy something on board. You are dead right, they dont have to, however stay hydrated on board, bring something for the kids that you didnt get time to buy in the airport. There can be any number of reasons why people buy on board. The major thing that most passengers dont like is the fees and charges. €1 flight plus charges equals €100.

Airports maybe have to do something to entice passengers, but the airlines have to play their part too. Something that I dont see Aer Lingus doing. They generally run with the, well if Ryanair can do it, so can we attitude!