PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Search to resume (part2)
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2011, 17:11
Chris Scott

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Conf_iture,
Thanks for reminding me tactfully about the Dassuault Mercure having a cockpit AoA gauge: it rings a bell sorry, no pun intended. (Did it also have a high Vmo?) Am now waiting to be corrected re the Russians, and maybe the Anglo-French "pointy one".

takata,
Without invoking further eye strain, are you confident of the annotations for engines #1 & #2? I'm wondering how easy they are for the recovery team to distinguish in the debris field. For example, I'd be surprised if the accessory gearboxes are handed, and the pylons and cowlings are presumably elsewhere.
You will remember the argument some of us had, when the debris field was first pictured, about debris-orientation versus heading/track at sea-level impact? [wink] (Don't get yourself into hot water like I did.) You suggest:
"I'm feeling most of the wreckage at the bottom is somewhat related with the heading at impact (WSW), but it may be due to an illusion without having on hand the specific model showing all the mechanics involved."
That was my feeling at the time, but if labelled correctly the engines seem to have switched sides.

PJ2,
Am wondering if the engagement of Alpha-Prot Law could be reconciled with the Alternate Law message.