PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Ryanair Interview and Sim Assessment (merged)
Old 7th May 2011, 17:04
widered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some advice for potential BRK pilots

Just some advice in terms of working as a BRK pilot for Ryanair,Come in with your eyes wide open into Ryanair,All is not as rosey as you would like to beleive or as they would let you believe.
The reality is more than 13 percent of pilots have left Ryanair in less than a year ,You are given no respect for the hard work you do in Ryanair and infact are treated quite badly.
Given the chance i would probably not have come to Ryanair but now i find myself so in debt that i have no choice..
If you work as a BRK pilot you are not entitled to a state pension and unemployment benefits,You could find yourself based anywhere in the system from Kaunus to Oslo with no possibility of getting back to where you live..
You will find yourself working more than you are paid for:You are paid by the scheduled block hour,Majority of the time you fly more than this.You could have a slot for 3 hours and still not be paid until you depart...
In the event of sickness you will find your self out of pocket and likely being pursued by the company for you to return,In the winter months it is difficult to survive on the hours you get.
You are an object on a balance sheet in Ryanair,they will invest nothing in you and expect everything from you...Dont say your not warned,And for those of you that still insist on joining at least do the rest of us a favour and Join a IALPA or BALPA and REPA