PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - The Rotary Nostalgia Thread
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2011, 17:03
Savoia

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I must say that this page has given me considerable satisfaction as the deliberations on Tommy Sopwith have continued with a reminder of his 'finger chopping' incident as well as the further general comments.

Oldlae's memories involving Douglas Bunn (Hickstead Jumping Ground owner) and the additional history behind the 'Dancer', an aircraft of special significance to me, have also been immensely enjoyable.

De Havilland's recollections of the Marquess of Bristol are, in a word, classic; and while reading them I imagined myself to be transported back to the days of my youth when at the Colonel's home on Crockham Hill (less than a mile from Winston's beloved Chartwell House) he would regale my father (with the aid of copious quantities of some fine liquor and a plentiful supply of Habanos) with all manner of stories involving various characters from the UK's aviation fraternity.

Regarding Stacey, he did of course give us a prelude to the form of his countenance in post #574 on page 29 but .. in this latest offering he is somewhat younger! I would hazard a guess and say that he's either directly below the roundel or one of the two dark-haired chaps near the centre of the group.

Great stuff all round! Keep nostalging!

Sav