PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Bell 206 - Common errors, performance, handling & C of G characteristics...
Old 7th May 2011, 13:11
Heli-Jock

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Longranger Fuel fact

Hi Guys, i need to share this one with you. I once read in a book about a fuel gauge problem in the Longranger which has stuck in my brain since reading and goes as follows:
If you are ever in a situation in the LR, where your "Fuel Low" light comes on in flight, but you have 270Lbs or so showing on gauge,,,,"Land Immediately"!

If theres one thing all you guys remember about the Long Ranger, there are two other fuel tanks below each seat, at the back of the drivers and front pax seat. The tube that feeds the main tank from both these tanks can become blocked by the smallest of particles,,,,In this instance the tube was indeed blocked by something as little as a grain of sand. Thus allowing the fuel gauge to be reading up to 270LBS of fuel in the tanks,,,however, if the 270Lbs or so cannot be transferred to main tank,,,,the main tanks low fuel mechanism will be activated when main tank gets low on fuel,,,,as in "Low Fuel" warning light on CWP!

HJ