PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Aer Lingus - 5
Thread: Aer Lingus - 5
View Single Post
Old 7th May 2011, 09:47
racedo

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nothing at all to do with the charges the airlines pass on to customers, like baggage, check in fees, fees for this or that, 1.50 for a fun size can of coke. As much as i would be a fan of Aer Lingus, they along with Ryanair, Easyjet and the rest have screwed the passenger and now they cry foul because of airport charges!!! Cut down your own secret fees and maybe the public will return!
I have travelled across to Ireland couple of times a year for last 25 plus years and the view that its extra charges on airlines stopping people travel is laughable.

The £150 minimum fare for a 2 day stay not including a Saturday night was the norm in those days, whoopee a free cup of tea and some crap food makes it sooooooo much better NOT.

It was the norm to meet people who had never been on a plane which is something I rarely come across now.

T2 is a disaster in terms of spending money which should never have been built because economically there is no pay back. EI should have had the balls to refuse to use it but they were still stuck in the "We are better than Ryanair mentality and deserve better".

People not travelling because of a worldwide recession and that will continue for another year or two.

Irelands costs have come down but it still is expensive to spend a couple of days there.